09:00 - 17:00
Hands On OpenTelemetry
You've heard the new buzzwords of "Observability", "OpenTelemetry", "Tracing", and all the others, but not sure how to practically use them in your applications to help debug issues? This is the workshop you need.
In this workshop you'll get your hands on using OpenTelemetry in a realistic microservice system. You'll be adding the libraries in the applications, Using the "Agents" to instrument applications without code changes, and touching various languages (whatever you're comfortable with) and more.
You'll come out of this workshop understanding:
- What Observability is and is not
- Where OpenTelemetry fits in
- How to implement OpenTelemetry in your language of choice (and possibly some others)
- Auto-instrumentation of OpenTelemetry (where you can't change the code)
- What the OpenTelemetry Collector is, when to use it, and how to use it
- Finally, we'll cover Querying and using the data we see to find some hidden patterns.