Carbon-Aware Computing: Measuring and Reducing the Carbon Intensity of Software
Talk (60 min)
To accelerate our technological progress in a sustainable manner, software itself needs the ability to measure and reduce its impact on carbon emissions. This presentation will introduce the concept of carbon-aware computing and discuss how it can you design solution to lower the carbon footprint.
By attending this presentation, you will gain a better understanding of how to make your organization's software stack more environmentally friendly while still maintaining its functionality and performance.
- Explain the principals of green software
- Analyze carbon emissions impact of technology choices
- Design solutions for greener compute
- Identity areas with large carbon impact or quick wins
- To provide examples of companies that have successfully implemented carbon-aware computing practices and reduced their carbon footprint.